Rose: ” Are you registered?”
P: “You mean like a purebred? No, not even close. Scotch-Irish-English-French-German and I think Foddy’s (or at least the name Graves)… Welsh.”
“What about you?”
Rose: “No, not at all. I may have qualified but SOMEONE and Jack didn’t get it together for me to be in that club. Anyway, please be sure you are registered to VOTE.”
Rose: “I’m running. For office, that is.”
P: “Whaatt?” “At the dog park?”
Rose: “Yes. I’m not alone. I think it might be a heated August here in Tucson. You’ve even mentally commented on the discussions, I can hear it. It appears the earlier groups are the most political. Those in the upper circle bring signs and stage rallies. Personally, I love it when the poodles get into it about qui sait quoi! So French!!”
P: “Well, are you moving right from bystander to Running?”
Rose: “Of course. It appears to be rather lucrative.”
P: “So, what’s your platform?”
Rose: “Stop with the ‘size matters’ stuff, they can see me and I don’t see you wearing flats…but on that topic, ‘less is more’ is one theme.”
P: “Well, you have to have more than that.”
Rose: “Okaay….How about this…? ‘I VOTE FOR PUBLIC NUDITY.’
P: “Hmmmm….That doesn’t bother me, but it might not fly in Kansas. Tell me, what’s you reasoning?”
Rose: “Well, it’s already GREAT for most dogs.”
- I’m sure a WHOLE LOT of clothed dogs out there will appreciate it.”
- No one needs to be concerned anymore about appearances or insurances or anything of that matter. That’s “out the car door window!” for it’s all uncovered.
- I’m sure there will come a day when there’s a water shortage and one may need to be conditioned for group baths….not anything punitive or hedonistic, just to get clean. We don’t all have an owner with a cistern. And, maybe they will be at the dog park! Now, that’s an idea!
- Rose NOTE TO SELF: Hmmm….And maybe then I’ll have to lobby for a DOG WATER PARK as we can’t get into some of the best designed facilities.
- Oh yea, less is more….I can see how this lawmaking gets addictive….
- Finally, most of us have already ‘passed’ this law of public nudity with gold stars. So…there’s nothing to do. Hence, ‘less is more’ AND we all feel good for being compliant.
P: “Okaayyy….Ummm…I can’t tell you right now my position on this, but I’ll be sure to vote.”
Rose: “And you know, maybe we should think of bit of a ‘boost’ for my first speech…so…can you please work on my Post?”
P: “Certainly, Rose. I support you.”